Asbestos Management Training
Learn Everything You Need To Know With Our Asbestos Management Training Course
Duration - 5 Hours
Asbestos Management Training is an in-house course aimed primarily at larger organisations that have housing or building stock dated pre-2000 in which Asbestos must be managed. The course is designed to enable duty-holders whether they are care-takers, head teachers or repairs managers fulfil their duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012).
The course can be adapted prior to delivery through direct consultation to include key details from your organisations Asbestos Management Policy. This enables the training to be as relevant to your needs as possible with the added advantage of your policies getting the once over from a professional. Included in the talk is IATP Asbestos Awareness Training.
- The properties of asbestos and its health effects
- The types of products or materials likely to contain asbestos
- The operations which could result in asbestos exposure and the importance of pre-emptive controls to minimise exposure
- Managers Responsibilities (how to protect workers and avoid a prosecution)
- Managing Asbestos (Regulation 4 the Duty-to-Manage)
- Specific guidance on the common errors/holes encountered in Social Housing
- The role of Asbestos Surveys and how to understand what is in them
- Management Surveys and Refurbishment & Demolition Surveys covered
- Safe work practices, control measures, and protective equipment
- The purpose, selection, limitations, proper use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
- Contractor Assessment
- Emergency procedures in the case of an asbestos incident
- Making the right Financial Choices regarding Asbestos Work
Price: Conveniently delivered at your own premises for £495 (max. 15 delegates)
SAVE TIME & MONEY – EXTEND THE VALIDITY OF THE ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING ELEMENT:
Refresher training for Asbestos Awareness is required annually. Fire Coral Ltd has developed a simple Toolbox Talk that you yourself can deliver to your operatives 12 months after they have received our full Asbestos Awareness Training. In combination with a short test, we will re-issue certificates to extend the validity of your certificates for a further year..
* A free asbestos policy worth £150 that your company can use to help achieve compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 is available with every Asbestos Awareness booking. The policy is designed for contractors. Policies for Housing Associations/Local Authorities will be chargeable depending upon booking size due to the added complexity of larger organisations.