BOHS Proficiency Module P402 Building Surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos
Understand the practice of surveying buildings for asbestos with our P402 Building Survey BOHS Proficiency Module
Duration - 3 Days
This module is designed to provide delegates with an appreciation and understanding of the practice of surveying buildings for the presence of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM’s) and to provide general guidance on asbestos management procedures.
Although the P402 can be completed with no prior knowledge or experience of asbestos, we provide preliminary information to all our delegates on booking to help ease them into the subject!
Asbestos: The Survey Guide (HSG 264) released on 29th January 2010 now requires that all asbestos surveyors also have Non-Licensable Asbestos Training. Without this you cannot legally sample asbestos. Our P402 course is unique in offering this as a built-in addition at no extra cost! We can also provide the legally required Face-Fit Testing of RPE.
The training structure follows a modular style approach, using a good mix of theory and practice to consolidate learning.
- Legislative requirements under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006 and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007
- Asbestos in Buildings – types and uses of asbestos in buildings
- Types of asbestos survey and how to carry them out including what information needs to be recorded and the safety precautions required
- Risk assessment of any asbestos found and how to manage it, such as through an asbestos register
- Bulk sampling procedures and strategies
Price: Conveniently delivered at your own premises for £XXX per person (max. 8 delegates)
Practical Assessment – included in course fees
BOHS Exam Fee - £125 per person
Certification: BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Building Surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos plus UKATA certificate of Non-Licensed Asbestos Training for Surveyors
Assessment takes place on day 3 of the training & consists of a practical assessment followed by a BOHS-invigilated short written answer examination with (40 questions, 90 minutes) & a short mulitple choice test for the IATP Non-Licensed Asbestos Training element. Candidates are then required to submit 2 field surveys to the BOHS within 6 months, which will be assessed for proficiency.
With our training, we aim to leave you in a prime position to start work as soon as possible & we offer some optional additions to facilitate this:
- A unique step-by-step guide to completing & submitting the required field surveys once training has ended - £55
- Qualitative Face-Fit Testing for each delegate using a hood & test solution - £20 per delegate
5 Reasons You Should Use Us...
- We will beat any genuine like-for-like quote!
- Our course covers the new legal requirement that surveyors have Non-Licensed Asbestos Training.
- Qualitative Face-Fit Testing service for your own RPE (legal requirement for surveyors now).
- Fully up-to-date with Asbestos: The Survey Guide (HSG264) released 29th January 2010
- Our unique ‘Survey Guide’ will help you complete the Asbestos Surveys required to pass after the course
The 3-day P402 costs £470pp (plus BOHS exam fee £125)