BOHS P402R Refresher Course
Refresh your Knowledge with our P402R Refresher Course
Duration - 1 Day
This module is designed to refresh delegates’ understanding of the practice of surveying buildings for the presence of Asbestos-Containing Materials (ACM’s) and to provide general guidance on asbestos management procedures. This fully up to date course covers the additional requirements introduced on the 29th January 2010 with the new Survey Guide (more details below).
This P402R is designed to be completed by delegates who have previously completed the P402 course and need to refresh their knowledge of Management Surveys (Old Type-1 and Type-2 surveys).
Asbestos: The Survey Guide (HSG 264) released on the 29th January 2010, now requires that all surveyors also have Non-Licensable Asbestos Training. Without this you cannot legally sample asbestos. Our P402R course is unique in offering this as a built-in addition at no extra cost! We can also provide the legally required Face-Fit Testing of RPE.
The training structure follows a modular style approach, using a good mix of theory and practice to consolidate learning.
- Legislative requirements under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006 and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007
- Asbestos in Buildings – types and uses of asbestos in buildings
- Types of survey and how to carry them out including what information needs to be recorded and the safety precautions required
- Risk assessment of any asbestos found and how to manage it, such as through an asbestos register
- Bulk sampling procedures and strategies
- IATP Non-Licensed Asbestos Training for Surveyors
Price: Conveniently delivered at your own premises for £795 or £155 per person at one of our pre-arranged sessions.
Practical Assessment – included in course fees
BOHS Exam Fee - £65 per person
Certification: BOHS Refresher Certificate in Management Surveys and Bulk Sampling for Asbestos plus IATP certificate of Non-Licensed Asbestos Training for Surveyors
Assessment takes place at the end of the training & consists of a short mulitple choice examination for the IATP Non-Licensed element followed by the BOHS-invigilated short written answer exam ination (25 questions in 45 minutes).
With our training, we aim to leave you in a prime position to start work as soon as possible, by taking our Face-Fit testing service you will be able to resume surveying work legally & safely.
- Qualitative Face-Fit Testing for each delegate using a hood & test solution - £20pp
5 Reasons You Should Use Us...
- We will beat any genuine like-for-like quote!
- Our course covers the new legal requirement that surveyors have Non-Licensed Asbestos Training.
- Qualitative Face-Fit Testing service for your own RPE (legal requirement for surveyors now).
- Fully up-to-date with Asbestos: The Survey Guide (HSG264) released 29th January 2010
- We will endeavour to issue your e-certificates within 24-hours (BOHS Certificates take approx. 6-weeks)
The full-day P402R costs £795 for up to 12 people or £155pp at one of our sessions (£65pp exam fee)